Tips for Homeowners and Newly Waterproofed Basements
Have you recently had one of our crews waterproof your basement? These are a few important tips regarding your new system!
1. Concrete takes some time to cure. Allow three to four days before replacing furniture or appliances. We recommend waiting three to four weeks before laying carpet or tile. Running a dehumidification System and/or fan will speed up the curing process.
2. It is normal for shrinkage cracks to appear in new concrete. It is also normal for the concrete to appear dry and then damp again during the curing process, especially after it rains.
3. Your sump pump should be plugged into a dedicated outlet at all times. An extension cord may be used temporarily, but it is not recommended for an extended period of time. In order to prevent flooding during power outages or pump failures, consider installing a battery back-up, if you haven't done so already.
4. Remember to keep gutters and downspouts free of leaves and debris. Make sure your downspouts stay connected and extend well away from the house.
5. 12-15 Months we will contact you for the annual maintenance on your basement waterproofing and sump pump system. Maintenance is important to clean the sump pump liner from silt and mud. We also flood test the system check the outside drainage, windows and grading.
7. ENJOY your new dry, safe, & livable basement!
Looking to get your basement waterproofed? If you live in the greater Minneapolis area including Minneapolis, Saint Paul, Rochester, South Saint Paul, Shakopee, Savage, Rosemount, and nearby, call today to schedule your free estimate!