Professional Advice on Mold Removal in Minneapolis, Saint Paul, Rochester, Burnsville MN
Mold removal requires certified, experienced professionals, in order to remove it safely and completely.
Proper training ensures that all existing mold is identified, and that this mold will not return in a few months.
Local experts for mold inspections & prevention methods
Complete Basement Systems of MN is your local professional source for mold prevention and advice on what you can do to avoid mold growth.
Mold damage in a home can be especially difficult to remove permanently. Without a trained and fully certified technician performing the work, the mold may not be completely removed, or it may simply grow back in a few months. Mold has been found to damage personal property, and also to seriously affect the health of many residents within a household -- especially those with asthma or allergies.
Complete Basement Systems of MN can offer several solutions to help keep mold from growing in your home. If you have a current mold problem, we can refer you to a dealer in the area that can help with the removal process.
According to the Journal Of Property Management, a single square inch of drywall can contain between one and 10 million mold spores. It only takes three to five of those spores to cause a reaction in a sensitive individual.
We're here to offer advice on how to control mold
We offer Free Estimates for mold prevention through our moisture control services. Our certified, professional services are available throughout our Minnesota service area, including Minneapolis, Saint Paul, Rochester, nearby Burnsville, Saint Cloud, Brooklyn Park, Eden Prairie, Hopkins, Anoka, Mankato, and the surrounding areas.
Things you should know about mold & mold remediation
- Mold grows quickly: Mold needs only moisture, temperatures above 40 °F (4 °C), and organic material to survive. Mold can grow in 24-48 hours, preferring areas with no sunlight, limited airflow, and little disruption.
- Mold destroys your home: Professional Builder Magazine warns that mold will dramatically lower the value of your home. A home worth $250,000 can easily have $100,000 in mold problems and will be difficult to sell at any price. Additionally, mold can lead to serious structural damage to your home. Learn more about how mold affects home value.
- Cleaning visible mold is not enough: Mold can grow in fiberglass insulation, on top of ceiling tiles, inside ducts, behind drywall panels, in wall cavities, and behind wallpaper. Even when it's visible, it's often impossible (even for an expert) to tell the difference between mold, soot, and dirt without testing. The mold you can see is just the beginning, and some of it is extremely hard to find!
- Bleach & detergent will not eliminate mold: Bleach and detergent are useful for removing mold on nonporous surfaces. However, materials such as ceiling tiles, carpeting, and wallboard will have deep mold penetration and may need to be replaced. Removed mold will regrow if all sources of moisture and humidity are not eliminated.
- Mold cleaning is hazardous: It only takes 3-5 mold spores to cause an allergic reaction, and some molds contain mycotoxins that are carcinogenic or deadly. Vibrations and movement will cause mold to release their spores; it's easy to accidentally knock hundreds of thousands of spores loose from a single patch of mold! And that's just a drop in the bucket: Recent research has shown that up to one billion mold spores can be found in just one square foot of drywall!
- Mold removal requires professional equipment and training: Mold removal experts have a variety of state-of-the-art equipment that they use to identify sources of moisture, to dry out wall cavities, and to safely remove mold that is growing in your home. Samples of mold may be analyzed in a laboratory to identify potentially toxic strains, and special cleaning agents may be used to restore property. While some contractors are jumping on the "mold is gold" bandwagon, it's important to find the established, trained, and equipped contractors that are committed to the industry for the long haul.
To Sum It Up: As Steven R. Silicato, writer for Buildings Magazine states, "Choosing the right remediation contractor could be the single most important decision an owner or manager makes -- one that could mean the difference between a successful cleanup or a negative outcome."
We have expert solutions to control mold
Mold spores & health issues
People at high risk from mold spore exposure:
- Individuals with asthma or allergies
- Individuals taking medication
- Pregnant women
- Children 6-12 years-old
At Complete Basement Systems of MN, we offer indoor humidity control options as well as information on mold and allergies and what you can do to protect your home from mold growth. We service areas throughout Minnesota, including Rochester, Saint Paul, Minneapolis and surrounding areas such as Saint Cloud, Burnsville, Eden Prairie, Coon Rapids, Mankato, Hopkins, Bloomington.
Our experts are standing by to help you! For a free quote on installing an energy efficient dehumidifier, call us at 1-877-780-8197 or send us an e-mail today!
Looking for a price? Get a no cost, no obligation free estimate.